- Initially You have to attach your Pendrive with your PC or Laptop.
- And ouble Click on Pendrive to show its Files and Folders after that.
- In the pendrive you will see files and folder of your Pendrive.
- Now, Right click on the blank area of your pendrive.
- Here you can see “New” option in the list.
After performing all the tasks we have to check some options:
- Now, Right Click on any file or folder.
- Here, you can see “DELETE” and “RENAME” but after applying WRITE-PROTECTION on pendrive these option will not be shown in the list.
Open CMD Run as Administrator
- Click on “Start Button” or “Windows Button” and type “CMD” in search box.
- Right Click on “CMD” and click on “Run as Administrator”
3. After Clicking on “Run as Administrator” you will see the CMD (Command Prompt) Screen.
Command to apply “WRITE-PROTECTION” on Pendrive
- Type: “Diskpart”.
- “List Disk” (This Command will show you drive/disk number, status, size etc. select your appropriate disk number).
- “Select Disk 1″ (I have selected Disk 1, which is my Pendrive).
- “attribute disk set readonly“.
- Now, If you Right Click on Pendrive Blank area, it will not show “New” Option in the list, it means you can’t create Files and Folder in Pendrive.
- You can’t Paste another files and folders into the drive.
- But you can Copy files and Folders from the Pendrive and paste them to another location.
How to Remove “Write-Protection From pendrive using CMD Command
- Type: Diskpart.
- List Disk (This Command will show you drive/disk number, status, size etc. select your appropriate disk number).
- Select Disk 1 (I have selected Disk 1, which is my Pendrive).
- attribute disk clear readonly.
you can join us by clicking on “Whatsapp” icon.